¿Are you looking to get a return on your property?

At Harvey Lawyers we are experienced real estate agents and lawyers so we can help you with your investments. Contact us if you are interested in obtaining a holiday or tourist licence for your property and we will help you with all the procedures.
To be able to register your holiday property you must fulfil some mandatory requirements which are summarised below:

  1. Check if it is possible to obtain the holiday or tourist registration.
    • It is important to know that it is not possible to obtain the registry for all properties in the Valencian Community, so the first thing to do is to check with your Town Hall. The Urbanistic Compatibility is to check if the property is compatible as a tourist dwelling with the PGOU (General Plan of Urbanistic Ordination) of each town hall.
    • Restrictions of the community of neighbours with holiday rental properties: Check the bylaws for any restrictions.
  2. Obtaining a second occupancy licence.
    • One of the fundamental requirements is that the property is habitable and has a technical certificate that accredits it. It is therefore necessary to have a valid certificate of habitability or second occupancy licence. That is, the certificate must not be more than 10 years old.
  3. Submit the report of urban development compatibility to the town hall.
    • Thirdly, it is necessary to present a report to the town hall that officially accredits that the property has a compatible use as tourist accommodation. For this report, a series of technical and administrative documentation will be necessary. The town hall will issue a positive or negative decision, by means of a report of urban development compatibility.
  4. Registration with the GVA and obtaining a tourist housing licence.
    • Finally, you must register with GVA, where you must provide all the documentation together with a declaration of compliance with the corresponding regulations.

Requirements for OPERATING the tourist accommodation.

In general terms, the obligations of the owner of a tourist accommodation are as follows:

  • Comply with the classification requirements applicable to tourist dwellings, as communicated in the responsible declaration.

  • Advertising, supply, and management will comply with the requirements of truthfulness, objectivity, and good faith.

  • The dwelling must have a visible tourist sign with its registration number.

  • Complaint forms are compulsory.

  • Record of the users of the dwelling (travellers’ logbook).

  • Have a home insurance policy.